I have been very satisfied with the excellent care & attention given by all the staff & would definitely recommend to others.
If you have been hospitalized outside WA in the past 12 months, please advise both your doctor and the Patient Services Admission Clerk (9340 6300).
Admission to Bethesda Hospital is arranged by completing a preadmission form which will be given to you by your doctor. To download a copy click here. Please complete the form and forward it to the Hospital at least 5 work days prior to your admission. Your completed form can be returned by:
- Privately Insured Patients
- If you have private health insurance verify with your fund the level of your cover and anticipated fees. When we receive your Pre-Admission form we will also confirm with your Health Fund your level of cover. You will be required to pay any excess or co-payments you have on admission.
We accept credit card, cheque and cash payments.
On admission we seek your authorisation, so we can arrange payment of your account directly to the Hospital from your Health Fund on your behalf.
- Self Funded Patients
- If you are a self funded patient, undergoing cosmetic surgery or have overseas Health insurance you will receive an estimate of the Hospital fees before your admission. You are required to pay these estimated Hospital charges at the time of admission. If more convenient, you can attend the hospital to pay the fees between 9.00 am and 3.00 pm Monday – Friday. It is also possible to pay these fees by credit card over the phone.
- Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy Services
- All patients will receive separate accounts from their consulting doctor and anaesthetist. Any questions regarding these accounts should be directed to the doctor concerned. In addition, if you require a service from a Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist, you will receive separate accounts for these services also, which will be sent to you following your discharge. Your Health Insurance fund may provide a rebate, depending on your level of cover.
- Radiology (X-Ray) and Pathology Services
- These services are partly covered by Medicare. You will receive separate accounts for these services, which will be sent you following your discharge.
- Pre Admission Telephone interview
- Most prospective inpatients (overnight stay) at Bethesda Hospital will be contacted by the Pre-Admission Nurse 24 – 48 hours before your admission to ensure you are clear about the procedure you are booked to undergo, to develop an understanding of your clinical history and to answer any questions you may have about the Hospital or the procedure. In preparation for the phone call please:
If you have a particular request to speak to the Pre-Admission Nurse please ring 9340 6416 to arrange a time for the nurse to call you.
- list any questions you may have
- list your current medications (name, strength and dose) including over the counter drugs, natural remedies and supplements
- Your Preparation and Fasting
- Please follow your doctor’s instructions in relation to eating and drinking prior to admission. Ask your doctor if you should take regular medication on the morning of the operation / procedure.
If you receive pre-operative instructions from your doctor please follow these carefully. Contact your doctor if you have any concerns about the preparation.